All implementation projects require the application of knowledge, skills, tools, methodologies and techniques to undertake and complete project tasks and activities in order to meet or exceed a variety of needs and expectations. Managing such projects requires the following:
- The identification of requirements (needs)
- The management of unidentified requirements (expectations)
- Establishment of clear and achievable objectives
- The balancing of the competing demands for scope, time schedule, cost and quality, and the formulation of a plan to achieve the defined objectives using the available resources
- Meeting the expectations of the various stakeholders and their differing and
- occasionally conflicting needs and expectations
CR2 understands the complexities of the implementation and support of channel management software. In recognition of these complexities and through experience gained in the field, the CR2 Professional Services Division has developed a proven project methodology, which is based on experience managing CR2 projects and installing CR2 products worldwide. The CR2 project methodology consists of both management and implementation processes including:
- The PS approach to implementation
- The PS means of ensuring that the approach is applied (the project audit function)
- PS proactive management, reporting, and timely action on issues, concerns, problems and opportunities that arise during the project
The management processes focus on ensuring timely delivery, while the implementation processes define the approach, tasks and deliverables for each activity needed to deliver the solution.
Upon the commencement of any implementation project the Professional Services Division appoints a Service Manager with responsibility for the project. While there will be a number of CR2 personnel involved throughout the project, the PS Service Manager is the key contact point for all areas throughout the implementation process. The Service Manager is involved from contract signature until the system goes into production. Their objective is to reduce project risk and assist the delivery of the full business benefit at the earliest possible time.
When the project starts, the CR2 Service Manager arranges for a CR2 Project Consultant to travel to the site and conduct the Project Launch. During the Project Launch the Project Consultant works closely with the customer's Project Manager to define, in detail, and agree the project scope and plan.
The Service Manager and/or the Project Consultant will monitor progress and offer on-going advice based on our methodology, experience and knowledge of the implementation process and in line with the service level requested by our customer. Service levels offered extend from periodic progress reviews by the Service Manager, through on-site reviews, advice and guidance from a Project Consultant, up to full-time on-site Project Management.
In addition to the Service Manager and Project Consultant, the CR2 Professional Services team comprises highly experienced:
- Product Consultants
- Business Analysts
- Product Trainers
- Web Specialists
- Implementation Consultants
- Systems Integrators
Appropriate personnel from each of these disciplines will be assigned to the project at the relevant times. CR2's global coverage enables us to offer these services from Bangalore, Amman, Dubai, Dublin, Johannesburg, London, Perth and Singapore, as well as through a global network of partners, bringing local knowledge to projects.